Moodbug’s just moved up a gear, and started a nutty competition.
We’ve known for a while that there was some pretty cool stuff in the pipeline. But before we share here’s a quick recap on what Moodbug is.
A Social Network with Depth and Intimacy
People overshare on social media all the time. So much so that the word on ‘overshare’ was recently added to the Oxford Dictionary. Moodbug looked at the cults of Facebook and Twitter oversharing and then went against the grain to build a private network that enables users to share moods in more intimate and sensitive ways.
In spite of a very low key launch the app has quickly gained a 500 strong following of users, all without being marketed. There’s two key reasons behind this initial take up:
- Mood apps are in the news and in demand but tend to be quite similar. MoodBug’s approach to socialising mood is different.
- It handles privacy very carefully. Recent apps like Samaritans’ Radar have got this horribly wrong.
MoodBug for Couples
Moodbug’s been particularly popular among couples. It’s emerging as a good way for couples who are apart from each other to keep in touch. Feedback suggests this is because of how easy it is to show someone you’re thinking about them without it being an onerous or text heavy action.
The Cool New Stuff
MoodBug’s just had its first iOS update. Here’s whats new:
- Its easier to add friends and invite people from your contacts to join you on Moodbug
- There’s increased notifications of when your friends post a new mood – moods are even more visible
- There’s more gifts to give your friends. This is a direct response to the increase in range of moods being shared through the app. You can now give chocolate, umbrellas, horseshoes, bacon sandwiches and 11 other new gifts.
That Squirrel with an iPhone
Meet Nutts, a squirrel with an iPhone and one of the newest, coolest Moodbug users. Every day he posts his mood on Moodbug.
As a bit of a competition he’s asked the Moodbug team to get users to guess the reasons behind his moods and win a t-shirt. They suggested he made a video to tell people about the competition. Here’s what Nutts went off and made…
To have a go just download the Moodbug app and look for Nutts in the ‘Strangers Moods’ section. The T-shirt prizes are pretty cool…